TGATP Best of 2009 Events
With the launch of TGATP in the summer of 2009, we attended hundreds of fabulous fetes! While there were a few major missteps due to bad organization or egomaniacal promoters (see our coverage of SoBe Summer Fridays and second Spa Media Week affairs) TGATP mostly had a blast at a whole lot of really great happenings! We are looking forward to seeing what 2010 brings! See you on the scene!
Below the very best of 2009:
Best Big Parties
- Carrera Summer Escape Weekends – Like escaping to a private beach house for the weekend, this was the best party of the summer. Outdid SoBe Summer Fridays by miles.
- YRB How You Rock It – Free Tattoos, Bottle Service at the tables, and Busta Rhymes! Need I say more?
- Nightlife Preservation – The best DJs from the last 30 years of NY Nightlife. We danced our asses off!
- Star Chefs Rising Stars Gala – Tasting plates from top chefs paired with wines and an after party at Abe and Arthurs to conclude the 3-day Star Chefs Congress.
- I Heart Charlotte Ronson Launch – Mark Ronson on the decks and guests allowed to pick pieces from a built in store for the line to take home!
- Urban Daddy Holiday Party – a perfect Christmas party with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings in performance
- Martha Stewart Weddings 15th Anniversary Party – mock wedding complete with entertainment for 300 guests at the Plaza.
- Tribeca All Access Party – 5 words – DJ QuestLove for 3 hours! Questlove went from Set It Off to Summer Loving and beyond. The crowd literally danced for the entire 3 hours straight!
Best Smaller Affairs
- Restoration Hardware – Open house at the Flatiron store, great eats and great crowd.
- Eau du Sisley Launch – Launch of the new perfume with good food and company and each guest sent home with a 3 oz. bottle of their choice
- Belvedere Black Raspberry Launch – Estelle as the hostess with DJ Questlove on the decks. Music so hot even the waitstaff couldn’t resist getting down!
- Burberry Day – The glamour didn’t stop even in the pouring rain with Claire Danes and then beau/now hubby Hugh Dancy, as well as, model hunky Jamie Burke and Justin Long in attendance
- Sam Fine “Basics of Beauty” DVD Launch – Iman, Vanessa Williams, Taraji Henson and Deborah Cox all showed up to fete Sam’s new beauty line
- Shecky’s Holiday Night Out – Perfect escape on a wintery Saturday afternoon with great holiday shopping deals, a kicking DJ, Absolut cocktails, and the legendary Shecky’s gift bag
- Haute Look Suite at Fashion Week – Daily cocktail hour in a rooftop suite setting with a beautiful terrace view
Best Food Event
- Star Chefs Congress –A foodie extravaganza with classes and tastings culminating in a rocking gala with the best food and wine pairings of the year
- Food Fete – Wonderful host Jeff Davis brings us tons of great exhibitors and the best food goody bag of the year
- Culinary Experience – Weekend of classes with cocktails in the evening held at the legendary French Culinary Institute
- USTA Taste of Tennis – Tennis pros, celeb chefs, tastings from dozens of restaurants and DJ Mos
Best Charity Events
- Samsung Four Seasons of Hope – Held at Cipriani’s with a performance by John Legend and guest appearance by Estelle
- An Evening in Rajasthan – More food than I have ever seen in my Life, with a DJ mixing traditional Indian music and the latest dance hits
- Jennifer Muller 35th Anniversary Gala – Stunning performance by the troupe followed by a dinner at the now shuttered, Tavern On the Green
- Passport to Summer Brooklyn Botanical Gardens – Beautiful dinner in the gardens. Despite the fact that Michael Jackson had just passed on the same day, the guests made the party rock and the DJ played a tribute to MJ throughout the night.
- Marine Mess Night – Great cause plus dinner and drinks (and after!) with hunky men in uniform
- Metropolitan Museum Young Members Gala – Wonderful dinner held in the museum with drinks on the roof
- Comfort Zone Camp 4th Annual Fundraising Gala – Dinner and cocktails with a performance from the smokin’ hot, Jamie McLean
- Fashion Night Out – Sponsored by Vogue, a gazillion shopping parties all over NYC on the night before Fashion Week