I have always hated cleaning and can’t believe that I still don’t have live-in help! But since I still have to fit housecleaning into my mad busy lifestyle, I advocate taking small, time-efficient steps when it comes to maintaining an orderly and clean house. Here are some great tips from The Maids. And I suggest you use Meyers or Ecover products, make that face up, throw on your sexiest lingerie and pump your favorite tracks to make it all less painful!
- Prevent soap scum buildup in your shower with a few quick squirts of daily shower spray.
- Swipe the bathroom counter with a disinfectant wipe, clearing it of hairspray, toothpaste and soap scum.
- Shake out entryway rugs to rid them of excess dirt and minimize traipsing it throughout your home.
- Gather stray clutter into a laundry basket. Just be sure to put everything in its proper place at a later time.
- Sweep high-traffic areas, like the entryway or bathroom floor.
- Spritz the bathroom mirror with glass cleaner and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth.
- And at the expense of sounding like your mother, make your bed.
- Start a load of laundry.
- Wash the bathroom floor. Clean-up is simple if you have already swept it during your two-minute hiatus.
- Wipe down kitchen countertops. You don’t want harmful germs finding their way into your food preparations.
- Sort through your pile of mail and toss the junk. Remember to shred and recycle!
If you, like me, need an extra hand, call The Maids and experience the healthiest, most thorough housecleaning in the industry.