Spring seems to have finally sprung! To ready your home for the warmer months, The Maids say “don’t forget to make the switch during your spring cleaning routine.”
Switch the following:
1. The Mattress. Turn it over, and then switch the top of the mattress to the bottom of the bed. This reduces concave areas and should be repeated every six months. Do not forget to vacuum mattresses using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner.
2. Your Ceiling Fan. Turn the switch on your ceiling fan so the blades are moving counter clockwise and are pushing the air downward. Dust the top and sides of the fan blades with a microfiber cloth.
3. Your Wardrobe. Exchange winter clothes for summer ones. Call your local charity and donate any clean, unwanted clothing.
4. Your Child’s Toys. If your child’s toy box is overflowing, take out several toys that won’t be noticed and store them in the attic or another out-of-the-way spot. In the fall or after a birthday, take out the box and switch those toys with others in the toy box.
5. Your Spices. Replace spices that have not been used in more than a year. Spices tend to lose their potency over time. Take a moment to wipe clean the interior of the cabinets with warm water and a mild detergent. Consider vacuuming cupboards and drawers before cleaning if you find a lot of crumbs or food particles.
6. Your Air Filter. Change your furnace filter so it is ready for next winter.