OMG, it’s sweltering heat here in NY and across the country with temps hitting the high 90’s and even the 100’s in some places! Dinah and I are braving it with these great products!
1. Since we are being advised to avoid soda and sports drinks can be too sugary, Smart Water is the TGATP water of choice! Electrolyte enhanced, it keeps me balanced and hydrated year-round. In this current heatwave, I am even giving it to Dinah Washington Cat to make sure she doesn’t dehydrate this year.
2. gloMinerals B5 Hydrating Mist – Infused with Chamomille, Shea Butter, and Rosemary with Peppermint Oil added to refresh you, B5 Hydrating Mist is my go-to to keep my face fresh and glowing! I store mine in the fridge for an extra cooling effect.
3. Tavolo Popsicle Molds – I was just in Whole Foods doing my weekend shopping and I ended up just buying tons of water and these popsicle molds! It is too hot for me to even think of cooking! So I think I am just gonna make some yummy strawberry pineapple popsicles and simply subsist on them. You can even do a fast and make Master Cleanse Popsicles with Smart Water, maple syrup and cayenne pepper!
4. Nature’s Splash Lemonade Drink Mix – With just 25 calories and no sugar, artificial sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives, this is one item that is always on my grocery list! More addictive than meth, if you try this once you will drink gallons of it!
5. Amazing Grass Orac Green Super Food – I have been a big fan of the Amazing Grass line for years now. I recently met the founders of the company and they gifted me with this formula which is amazing! It is the most thirst quenching green food I have ever had and provides a staggering 15,000 ORACs per scoop. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity, which is the measure of a food’s antioxidant capability. While we should ideally get 3,000 to 5,000 ORACs per day, most people only get 1,200 so this drink packs a powerful antioxidant punch. Since it is too hot to cook, Amazing Green Orac is a wonderful way to get your veggie nutrients.
6. Takeya Tea Maker – Use your Takeya Tea Maker to make thirst-quenching natural teas. Since caffeine is also a substance that you should avoid in the heat, I love to make decaffeinated versions, like Passion from Tazo or Celestial Seasons Bengal Spice sweetened with a bit of agave. Add a sprig of mint for an extra shot of cooling. (Gosh, just writing this has made me want to run off and make some.)
One last TGATP tip: Get naked! Heatwaves are great times to fall in love with your body whatever condition it is in. I have gained about 35 pounds since my Mom’s sudden death in April, but I am enjoying my body, rolls and all, right now.
Stay Cool, y’all!