When it comes to choosing a foundation, more choices can mean more frustration, especially at the drugstore. Women must consider factors including skin type, coverage level, shade and finish, not to mention how much time is wasted figuring it all out! I have over the years brought home tons of foundations that were the wrong shade and had to return them.
Finally, a company that gets it. Covergirl has simplified the process to help women face their foundation choices the easy, breezy way. The new “Embrace Your Face Makeup Finder” is a simple-to-use digital foundation-finding tool – a foolproof way to find the right Covergirl foundation for you in 30 seconds flat, making it the perfect sidekick as you shop the beauty aisle.
To celebrate the tool’s launch on Covergirl.com makeup artist Sam Fine set out to debunk the most common foundation myths and share some of his all-time favorite foundation tips – see below for details!
We’re excited for you to try Covergirl’s “Embrace Your Face Makeup Finder” and uncover your perfect foundation match that lets the easy, breezy #NoFilter you shine through. From full coverage to flawlessly blendable, get your perfect match the Embrace Your Face Makeup Finder here: http://www.covergirlfablab.com
Here are Covergirl’s Makeup Artist Sam Fine’s Foundation Myths + Tips for a Flawless Look:
1. One of the most common places women test out foundation is on their wrist. Forget it! Instead, test it along your jawline to find a more accurate match!
2. Do you have oily skin? Try a water-based foundation like truBLEND Liquid Foundation! It’s seamless & feels lightweight on skin!
3. Not sure which foundation is right for your skin type? Choose Clean Liquid Foundation — it’s perfect for normal, sensitive or oily skin!
4. Powder is to foundation what topcoat is to nail polish! Use a large brush to apply powder for a soft, diffused finish! Don’t skip this step!
5. Mature skin requires moisture, so use this breakthrough formula from Covergirl and Olay, Simply Ageless Foundation!
6. A “no-makeup” look is just that, a LOOK! Apply liquid foundation, then gently tissue it off for a second-skin effect!
7. You won’t need primer when using Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation! It delivers full coverage AND a matte finish in just one step.