My favorite food event of the year, the Summer Fancy Food Show, hits NYC from June 25th to June 27th. In its 71st year, this year’s event will cover nearly 300,000 square feet of floor space at the Javits Center in New York and feature thousands of artisan products from more than 2,000 domestic and global specialty food and beverage makers and manufacturers. The show will feature a keynote address by celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis, on The Four Trends in Food that Matter Now —on Monday, June 26 at 9:15 a.m. on the Main Stage. During the address, Ms. De Laurentiis will discuss the emerging food trends that are propelling her businesses, including restaurants, catering, and direct-to-consumer Italian food and lifestyle platform Giadzy. There will also be a variety of networking and educational events throughout all three days, June 25-27.
Show attendees will experience:
• Product pavilions dedicated to categories including Plant Based, Deli, Bakery/Confectionery/Snacks/Sweets, and Beverage.
• International Pavilions from 31 countries and regions across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceana, and South America, including partner country, the Kingdom of Morocco.
• State and Special Pavilions including Brooklyn Goes Global, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, the Southern United States Trade Association, and Virginia.
• Insight into the hot trends in specialty food courtesy of the SFA Trendspotter Panel: Melanie Zanoza Bartelme, Mintel; Chef Osei Blackett, chef/owner Ariapita and Everything Oxtail; Jonathan Deutsch, Drexel University; Mikel Cirkus, Hannah Rogers, DSM Firmenich; Jenn de la Vega, Randwiches; Thomas Joseph, Martha Stewart and Sur La Table; Chala June, Writer; Stan Sagner, Consultant; Kantha Shelke, Ph.D., CFS, IFT Fellow, Corvus Blue LLC; Emily Schildt, founder, Pop-Up Grocer.
• NEW NOW NEXT Pavilion featuring incubators and startups.
• Unveiling of the sofi Product of the Year and New Product of the Year award winners.
• Presentation of the SFA Lifetime Achievement Awards and the Specialty Food Hall of Fame Class of 2023.