Since my beloved Mom was killed four years ago, Mother’s Day is always a bit tough on me. She lived to shop and seems to have genetically passed the habit on to me. In fact, shopping was one of the last things she did on this plane. Thus, on holidays or our special days, I head to Newport Mall and shop all my favorites stores, especially Kohls.
Kohls has EVERYTHING and the sales are always insane, so I tend to go for one thing and buy tons more. This time, I was in the market for a new quilt but ended up with four cute tops, some earrings and some nose rings too. Here is the haul:
1. Lauren Conrad Allie Quilt | Regular: $169| Sale Price: $99 Despite the fact that Lauren Conrad was a real mean girl when I met her at the VMA afterparty years ago, I can’t resist her products! This bedding is girly and fresh in that shabby chic, laidback LA way that I love. The shams are pretty expensive so I opted for the Kohls Home Classics in muted green to go with her quilt.
2. Rock and Republic Graphic Tee | Regular: $44 | Sale: $28
I live in Rock and Republic tees that appeal to the ever present rock chick in me. This grey V-neck with silver sparkly paint and studs is edgy, yet can be dressed up with the right jacket.
3. Milly “Ciao Bella” Tee | Regular: $40| Sale: $29.99
I usually buy tons of pieces from the Kohls Design Nation collaborations but I was disappointed with the recent Milly line. However, I did love this tee. Unfortunately, it is now sold out so y’all can’t get one in-store or online.
4. Lauren Conrad Open Work Crochet Boxy Top
|Regular: $40 Sale |Sale: $29.99
Lauren again. This deco style top is delicately crocheted and can be dressed up for work or down for a stylized casual look.
5. Croft and Barrow Polo Shirts
| Regular: $28 | Sale Online: $18.99 and In-Store: $9.99
I know these are preppy to the max! But hey, I AM also a prepster for Life. Lovely in Navy with tiny daisies, I will be channeling my inner Martha Stewart in this. And it’s a steal in-stores at just $9.99!
6. Dana Buchman Drop Earrings Made with Swarovski Elements |Regular: $16 |Sale: $10.40
Unbelievably chic little drop earrings, perfect for day and night.
7. Itsy Bitsy Sterling Silver Stud Earrings
|Regular: $20/$25 |Sale: $7/$8.75
These tiny flat studs of sterling silver make great nose rings. Normally a bit pricey at $20 and $25, I always look for these on sale and buy a ton of them.
Tips for shopping Kohls: If you live in the City, go to the one at Newport Mall, which is just two stops from 14th and 6th and closer and nicer than the one in Queens.
Check online for coupon codes as Kohls is almost always having a sale.
And as with most retailers nowadays, there is a lot more available online than in stores. Shop online and if it doesn’t fit you can take it back to the store.
Apply for a Kohls charge for an additional 20 percent off.