TGATP was recently blessed to spend an afternoon with the Canyon Ranch staff. As well as hipping us to some of their new spa innovations, we were treated to these tasty and healthy cookies! Bake a batch and you’ll be hooked forever!
Canyon Ranch Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes approximately 38 cookies)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese
* 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup oat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup firmly packed dried cranberries
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar. Turn mixer to low and add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Roughly chop dried cranberries. Combine oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cranberries, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Portion heaping teaspoonful of dough (or use a 3/4 ounce scoop) onto baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart and pat down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 38 cookies, each containing approximately:
12 gm. carbohydrate 53 mg. sodium
3 gm. fat
1 gm. fiber
*TGATP Tip: I used 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, instead of Brown Sugar, to cut down on the sugar.