The Accessories Council held an fun preview event to hip us, so we can hip you, to some fun items for back-to-school for the fashion forward Mom. “It’s important that you look great when you drop off and pick up your kids. So back-to-school is just as much about Mom as it is about the kids.” stated Lyss Stern of Divalicious Mom, who along with Accessories Council Karen , was our co-hostess for the evening.
Here are the TGATP favs from the presentation:
1. Carlos by Carlos Santana Twisted Foldover Tote – This drew “ewws!” and “ahhs!” from the crowd and everyone went home happy as it was also the gift bag! Faux leather with a detachable strap, it’s so roomy that I actually lose stuff in to! I love this bag as it is big enough for your iPad and all of your on-the-go essentials. I am now down to one bag, instead of two, on most days. Available in Macy’s stores and on macys.com for $108, I want one in Black too.
2. BCBG Herringbone Fedora – Although it runs too small for my head, this is a darling little fedora to sport while whisking your little ones to school and other activities. Available at Amazon, Dillard’s, Macy’s, Macys.com, Nordstrom, Von Maur, and Zappos. (Note to hat makers: make your hats in SIZES, most of these sort of hats are only for women with small heads or thin hair!)
3. Randolph Engineering Aviators – Aviators rarely looked good on me, but I am mad for this pair! Not too big and not too small, they are just the right size for every face shape. Channel your inner Top Gun, in these! Check ’em out here: Randolph Engineering
4. Ruum Kidswear Sequin Backpack – Another chorus of approving sounds were emitted when this beautiful blingy backpack was modeled by Lyss. Designed by Ruum Kidswear for children, I anticipate household tug of wars between Moms and kids. Better to buy, one for your child and one for yourself. Check out all their adorable looks at: RUUM Kidswear.
5. Electric Picks Two Heads Star Bracelet – Edgy and cool this appeals to the rock chick still lurching right under the surface in me. Hand beaded with hematite and 2 gold skulls, I love this bracelet and will wear it often! Check out this line at ElectricPicks.com.
6. Fossil Georgia Three Hand Watch – Fossil makes some of my favorite watches! This version an ultra-feminine tiny watch face on a delicate thin orange (my favorite color!) strap. Available at Fossil Stores and fossil.com.
7. David and Young Scarves – Of late, I have been living for light weight scarves of every sort! These are affordable at just $24 to $36 with all the on trend prints and colors from animal prints to kitschy icons. Shop these at Nordstrom, Macys and on ShopDavidandYoung.com.
8. DEOS Genuine Leather iPhone Case with Swarovski Elements – A perfect off to college gift for a freshman student, this lovely leather case is a stylish way to protect those highly delicate iPhones. I’m a Samsung gal, so hoping they will make one for Android as well. Available at DEOSstyle.com.
9. Big Buddha Carmen Wallet – This gorgeous mock croc wallet/clutch is perfect for quick trips to take your kids to school or to run errands. Available at Zappos.com.