Until this summer, when we were invited to a smorgasbord of Holiday sweets all featuring the yummy marshmallow confection, I thought that Peeps were only for Easter. But there are actually Peeps for every holiday from Halloween to Easter.
Here are some holiday recipes so you and yours can go into sugar comas too!
Salted Caramel PEEPS® Holiday Wreath Sugar Cookies (see above)
RECIPE PROVIDED BY: www.lovefromtheoven.com
- 6 PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookie Flavored Chicks
- 6 Bakery Salted Caramel Cookies
- 6 ounces chocolate coating, melted according to package directions
1. Place your cookies on a sheet of wax or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. After melting your chocolate coating according to package directions, drizzle a small amount over one cookie.
3. Immediately dip the bottom of your PEEPS® Chick into the chocolate coating and then place on the cookie, allowing at least 20 minutes for chocolate coating to set.
4. Repeat with remaining cookies and chicks.
Tip: If you can’t find Salted Caramel Cookies at your local bakery, don’t worry, use your favorite sugar cookie in place.
Chocolate Dipped Stars
- 1 pkg. (9 ct.) PEEPS® Peppermint Flavored
- Marshmallow Stars
- 6 oz. bag of chocolate chips
Makes 9 chocolate dipped stars.
1. Follow manufacturer’s directions for melting chocolate chips.
2. When the chocolate has cooled slightly, dip the lower portion of each PEEPS® Peppermint Flavored Marshmallow Star into the chocolate and set it on a tray lined with wax paper. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving.
Warning: Melted chocolate is hot. Parental supervision is recommended.
PEEPS® Holiday Wreath
- 1 pkg. PEEPS® Peppermint Flavored Marshmallow Stars
- 1 box HOT TAMALES® Candies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (see package for additional ingredients)
- 2 tubes green decorating icing with star-shaped tip
- 1 tube dark green decorating icing with leaf-shaped tip
- 1 pkg. strawberry flavored rolled fruit snacks
Kitchen Tools Needed:
- Mini cupcake pans
- Mini cupcake wrappers
- Kitchen scissors
- Large round serving platter
48 mini cupcakes or one PEEPS® Holiday Wreath
1. Prepare cake mix according to directions and pour batter into lined mini cupcake pans.
2. Bake for approx. 8 – 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
3. Place mini cupcakes in a circle of 2 rows on a large round serving platter.
4. Frost cupcakes using green decorating icing with a star-shaped tip.
5. Create a bow out of strawberry flavored rolled fruit snacks.
To make the bow:
a) Cut one 2″ strip and one 6″ strip out of the strawberry flavored rolled fruit snacks. Create a loop out of the 6″ strip and wrap the 2″ strip tightly around the center of it (see Fig. 1). This will create the top of the bow.
b) Cut two 6″ strips out of the strawberry flavored rolled fruit snacks. Create loops out of each strip and place one on top of the other (see Fig. 2).
This will create the bottom of the bow.
c) Cut two 3″ strips out of the strawberry flavored rolled fruit snacks. Cut a “V” shape out of the ends of the strips (see Fig. 3). This will create the ribbon part of the bow.
6. Place the piece created in step #5a on top of the piece created in step #5b. Place both on top of the ribbon strands created in step #5c (see Fig. 4).
To make the holly:
a) Cut several pieces of HOT TAMALES® candies in half.
b) Place candy pieces in various places around the wreath in clusters of 3 with the rounded end up.
7. Place entire bow on top of the mini cupcakes at the bottom of the circle.
8. Use the tube of dark green decorating icing with a leaf-shaped tip to create 3 leaves around each cluster of HOT TAMALES® candies.
9. Before serving, place several PEEPS® Peppermint Flavored Marshmallow Stars on the wreath to complete the look.
Warning: Pans removed from oven will be extremely hot. Please use heat resistant oven mitts. Parental supervision is advised.