(TGATP Note: This is a Level One sponsored post. Read our Terms of Service for full disclosures.)
As a beauty writer with a conscious, I wish that every brand would get on the organic and cruelty-free bandwagon. It’s just healthier all around. Fortunately, support of cruelty-free beauty brands is becoming more popular every year. Take your animal-friendly routine one step further by eliminating those products in your beauty closet that contain any animal by-product – most commonly honey, lanolin, and gelatin. With amazing brands like Avalon Organics and Sol de Janeiro (minus their lip butter as it contains beeswax), you won’t have to sacrifice quality in the name of veganism.
Products such as cult favorite Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream, Brazilian Touch Hand Cream and Brazilian Crush Mist will leave you deliciously moisturized, smelling and feeling beautiful. Avalon Organics offers a range of hair, body, and skincare essentials that address a multitude of beauty concerns. Looking to refresh those dry locks? Deep Hydration Maple Sap & Magnolia Shampoo & Conditioner delivers the perfect refresh! Make the switch, and embrace a lifestyle that’s as good for you as it is for the animals we all love. Here are some products I just can’t live without right now.
Avalon Organics Deep Hydration Maple Sap & Magnolia Shampoo & Conditioner
(Available for $11.69 each starting in March 2019 at Whole Foods Market®, Amazon.com and other Natural and Grocery Retailers.)
Get the thirst-quenching results of their new Ingredient Duet series, with once-messy DIY mask concoctions now offered in a simple solution in your shower. Ideal for damaged, severely dry hair, a medley of Raw Maple Sap, Magnolia, Coconut and Jojoba Oils work together to hair with ultra-hydrating humectants; the result is hair that feels repaired, nourished and hydrated.
- Maple Sap offers a high level of absorption due to its smaller molecule size, helping deliver nutrients like amino acids (the building block of proteins) to the hair – and fast.
- Maple Sap/Syrup is often recommended in DIY hair masks for intense hydration due to its humectant properties although it is a messy challenge to work with.
- Magnolia extract, Argan Oil, Jojoba and Coconut Oils work together to enrich parched hair with nourishment for a healthy feel.
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
($45 for 8.1oz/ $20 for 2.5oz Available at Sephora)
Beautiful Brazilian bottoms have a special secret, a cream rich in guaraná, a native Amazonian plant whose fruit contains one of the most potent forms of caffeine on the planet. Also powered by a Brazilian blend of extraordinarily nourishing cupuaçu butter, anti-oxidant powerhouse açaí and super conditioning coconut oil for irresistible, touch-me skin. Fast absorbing texture with just enough mica to add a perfect Brazilian glow. Helps your body look and feel its smoothest, tightest and positively most pinchable.
How to Use:
Massage in a circular motion to create warmth for better absorption and circulation. For your bum bum, legs, tummy, arms and all over.
Point of Difference:
- NATURALLY ALL-POWERFUL INGREDIENTS FROM THE AMAZON: Infused with guaraná extract, which has almost 5 times more caffeine than coffee and is known to improve circulation and tighten skin. Also powered by a Brazilian beauty blend of extraordinarily nourishing cupuaçu butter, antioxidant powerhouse açaí and super conditioning coconut oil for irresistible, touch-me skin
- INSTANTLY RADIANT TOUCH-ME SKIN: Fast absorbing texture with just enough mica to add a perfect Brazilian glow
- IMMEDIATELY ADDICTIVE GOURMAND FRAGRANCE: Pistachio caramel
Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Touch Hand Cream
(Available for $15 starting January 2018 for $15.00,1.7 fl. oz. / 50mL at Soldejaneiro.com, Sephora.com and Sephora stores)
Brazilians are some of the most expressive people on the planet, their hands are constantly in motion telling stories and attracting attention. It’s no wonder that Brazil is a place where pretty hands are as important as pretty feet. Meet your Brazilian secret to an irresistible touch. This silky smooth, addictively scented cream leaves hands so soft that, with a simple touch, you will have them begging for more.
Point of Difference:
- LUSCIOUS CUSHIONY TEXTURE: Non-greasy and non-sticky so that you can touch anything without leaving greasy hand prints
- NATURALLY ALL-POWERFUL INGREDIENTS FROM THE AMAZON:
- Cupuaçu butter heals and nourishes dry skin
- Açaí delivers powerful antioxidants for youthful and resilient skin
- Coconut oil conditions and softens hands and cuticles
- Brazil nut (selenium) fuels protein enzymes and prevents cell damage to support healthy nails
- CONVENIENT PORTABLE PACKAGE: Take it with you and apply anytime, anywhere
- DELICIOUS, ADDICTIVE SIGNATURE SCENT: salted caramel and pistachio fragrance will leave you cheirosa (sheh-rō-zah) which means to always smell incredibly delicious from sunrise to sundown